When I arrived I was a hopeless drug addict with no job, no money, no friends, nothing. Getting and staying sober was a secondary effect of my stay here. The structure of this program showed me how to live my life, and more importantly, how to be happy with my life without using drugs. The staff here are incredible, the property is beautiful, and the treatment program is amazing. There are many individuals with the disease of addiction, and there are too few safe and sober environments for them to recover in, resulting in fatal circumstances. The Willing House provides safe housing for all who need it, with all the comforts of home, and a feeling of close-knit peer support. If a safe and sober living environment with fellowship and support is what you seek, we know you’ll find it here at The Willing House.
Part of the regulation requires that state agencies and vendors can only refer clients to certified Alcohol and Drug-Free house. The Massachusetts Alliance for Sober Housing is just one of the organizations which regulate sober houses sober houses in massachusetts in Massachusetts. RRH will only pay for sober homes that are MASH Certified and within the RRH designated service areas, which are the same service areas as ATR (Boston, Lowell, Fall River/New Bedford, Worcester, Springfield/Holyoke).
Reentering the same world straight from a rehab program means immediately navigating an environment where negative influences may still exist, traumatic memories lie in wait, and dangerous triggers lurk. The staff in our recovery houses offer support to residents, in an environment where residents also support each other. Together, we create a culture in which all are committed to meaningful, drug-free living. The Living House offers dignified and affordable homes for those who desire long-term recovery from addiction. We are located in Massachusetts, and we have been serving in and around the area for over six years.
- Many people will live in a sober house for 6 months to a year after treatment concludes.
- In 2007, I decided that my life had become unmanageable and that I didn’t want to continue living the way I had been.
- Part of the regulation requires that state agencies and vendors can only refer clients to certified Alcohol and Drug-Free house.
- The Overlook program encourages and supports a successful transition to an independent way of living.
- Calls to the website’s main number are answered by best treatment center LLC and Intervention, a call center that specializes in helping individuals and families find resources for substance use disorders.
Sober House Directory provides information on sober house certification for each state in the database, including for sober living in Massachusetts. Please visit the Massachusetts Sober House Certification page for more information about sober house certification in this state. Sober Surroundings is a sober home only and we do not provide addiction services or addiction treatment of any kind. At Sober Surroundings, we embrace this concept and provide our guests with a safe, affordable environment where everyone is committed to living sober and clean. Sober houses in Massachusetts follow strict guidelines set out by the state. TheMassachusetts Sober Homes Lawhas set a standard that other states, like New York, are working to emulate.
What Can and Can’t I Bring to a Sober Living House in Massachusetts?
We provide the new comer with built in peer-based support, where help and a sense of fellowship, which is much needed in early recovery, can be found. I arrived here after rehab, an aftercare program was suggested to me to help me transition into normal life again.
- Clients participate in sober events and learn to have fun while living sober in the city of Boston.
- Sober living homes in Massachusetts allow individuals to be independent and offer structure to help those starting their recovery journey.
- Sober houses offer an important service to individuals in early recovery.
- “Halfway house” however is also used residences for ex-convicts reintegrating into society sometimes.
- Sober House Directory provides information on sober house certification for each state in the database, including for sober living in Massachusetts.
- If a safe and sober living environment with fellowship and support is what you seek, we know you’ll find it here at The Willing House.
Sober living homes provide structure and support that can be vital in early recovery when people are working to establish new sober routines. Vanderburgh House, a supporter of Sober House Directory, builds sober home communities where residents are supported in their recovery journeys. Vanderburgh House sees a world where every person in recovery has access to a supportive, healthy, and safe home environment built on respect, focused on recovery, and lead by peers. Residents live together as a family to develop the tools and strengthen their character in order to live free from substance abuse. These homes allow for independence while guided by a set of recovery-focused house rules, standards, and expectations. Visit the Vanderburgh House website to learn more about their sober homes.
Safe and Affordable Sober Homes
Everything about my life had become centered on the next drink and drug. I had designed my career to accommodate my addiction, and all of the things that were important to me fell short of booze on my priority list.
Our homes occupy the space between inpatient care and returning home. The Willing House provides independent living, with accountability, continuing and continuity of recovery for those who want to learn a new way to live. You deserve a joyous and meaningful life, and the right support and guidance can help you find your way. Calls to the website’s main number are answered by best treatment center LLC and Intervention, https://ecosoberhouse.com/ a call center that specializes in helping individuals and families find resources for substance use disorders. Sober homes offer an opportunity for men and women in recovery to live together and support each other while pursuing a new life in recovery. We offer you recovery support in a safe, judgment-free environment, so you can always rest assured you are getting the help you need from people with experience.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THE OVERLOOK
After entering treatment, I began to hear about “Aftercare” and “Continuing Care”. These were terms for the work that I would continue to do in order to maintain my sobriety, after treatment ended. Sober house certification is an important factor to consider as you look for sober living.